Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just a Man

I can live with the fact that i am the only child,
No brothers, no sisters to share the joy of growing up...
I can deal with the fact that my father was never here,
To teach me how to be a man, to be my hero, my idol...
I can even swallow the pain of having to let go of the only person,
Who can accept me for who i am, and the person that i am not...
I can hardly stand when my mom's eyes staring at me with disappointment,
But even that pain i have managed to get used to by now...

I can go through life, having all the decisions in the past haunting,
No point of weeping, for the things that have been said and done...
I can lie to myself, just for a moment, just to hold these tears from falling,
I've made myself believe that real men don't cry...
I can take all the rejections, not as well as i wish i could,
I know God has better plans ahead, as dark & cloudy as they may be...
So you see, i can take a hit, for i've taken so many hits before,
But even so, all the blood that has been shed, im still just, a mortal man...

No comments:

Post a Comment